Wildlife Portraits Photo Contest
The WildlifePhoto.com wildlife photo contest series for 2018 is now open for entries – this year it is bigger than ever! The contest series is made up of three separate photo contests, with the first in the series being 'Wildlife Portraits'. There are some exciting new prizes up for grabs this year, including a luxury African safari for two, a Panasonic DC-G9 camera plus lens, and the chance to have your photo displayed at a winners' exhibition in New York City!
The winner of each contest will receive a Camtraptions camera trap sensor, a Breakthrough Photography filter and a copy of Skylum Luminar. The overall category winner will also go on to win the grand prizes for the 2018 contest series; a 7-day luxury African safari for two courtesy of The Bushcamp Company and Safarious, and a Panasonic DC-G9 camera plus Panasonic Leica 50-200mm f/2.8-4.0 lens!
The first contest in the 2018 series is Wildlife Portraits. Any images of wild animals can be entered. The focus should be on the animal itself.
To submit photos to our photo contests, you just need to sign up for a free WildlifePhoto.com account. Photos can be taken in any country and by photographers of any nationality. Each contest is free to enter, but paid premium members have the opportunity to enter any of the three contests during the year. Standard members can enter one image per contest, and premium members can enter up to five images per contest.
The winner of each contest will receive an f-stop voucher worth $380, a Camtraptions Camera Trap Sensor worth $200, a Breakthrough Photography filter worth $200, and a copy of Skylum Luminar. The winner will also be in with a chance of winning the overall 2018 contest series grand prizes: A 7-day luxury safari for two courtesy of The Bushcamp Company and Safarious, and a Panasonic DC-G9 camera plus Panasonic Leica 50-200mm f/2.8-4.0 lens. The winners and a selection of highly commended images will be exhibited on the "Big Screen", a gigantic outdoor screen in New York City, USA.
Terms and Conditions
1. This Photography Contest Series (“the competition”) is owned by WildlifePhoto.com, a website operated by Burrard-Lucas Photography.
2. By submitting an entry to the competition, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of WildlifePhoto.com, and that you satisfy all eligibility requirements.
3. Any entry found not to comply with the competition rules will be disqualified.
4. No allowances will be made in such instances and any prizes will be forfeited.
5. The decision of WildlifePhoto.com on all matters relating to the competition is final. No negotiation will be considered.
6. The competition is not open to owners or employees of WildlifePhoto.com and their relatives.
1. The winners and highly commended entries will be selected by Will Burrard-Lucas.
2. All entries will be judged anonymously.
3. Awarded images in each category will comprise Winner, Runners-up and Highly Commended.
4. Only contest winners will be considered for the grand prize.
5. The grand prize for 2018 will be awarded to the single image judged to be the most interesting and creative.
1. Entrants must not compromise the welfare of any animals, and should never do anything to injure or distress any animals or destroy their habitat in an attempt to secure an image.
2. Entrants are responsible for ensuring full compliance with any national or international legislation governing the country in which the image has been taken and in securing any relevant permits which may be required.
3. Descriptive captions supplied must be accurate and honest.
4. Entrants may not enter images that depict animals in an undignified or degrading manner.
Copyright and Reproduction:
1. The photographer retains full rights to any images submitted to the competition.
2. Each entry must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
3. Each entrant must either be the sole owner of the copyright or have secured the written permission of the copyright owner to enter the image into the competition and grants the WildlifePhoto.com the rights detailed below.
4. By entering the competition, each shortlisted entrant grants to WildlifePhoto.com and Burrard-Lucas Photography a non-exclusive, royalty-free, and perpetual licence to reproduce, publish and communicate to the public by any means and exhibit their image(s) and copies of their image(s) in all media throughout the world in relation to the competition, including but not limited to all use in the context of:
- Display in the exhibition.
- Inclusion within WildlifePhoto.com and related websites, social media and newsletters.
- Inclusion in promotional, press and marketing materials associated with the competition series and/or the exhibition.
5. Any external parties featuring images from the competition reserve the right to choose which images they decide to use to promote the competition. WildlifePhoto.com has no control over, or liability for, any decision such press may make to use (or not use) your image.