WAV Venice Audio Visual Show
WAV - Venice Audio-Visual Show welcomes you to the first year of celebrating music and audio-visual art forms from all over the world. We encourage artists to apply whose work strives to reformulate the way in which we think about arts today.
We accept music videos that are produced after the 01 Jan 2012.
We accept applications from any genre, as long as it is connected to music. Including narrative, documentary, experimental, video art, multimedia projects and any other crazy stuff. Films must not exceed 3 minutes in length and must be produced after 01 January 2012.
We accept photography that is connected to music. Such as dance or an event or a concert. Single photographs and/or a series of up to 3 pictures are accepted. There is no production time restriction for this category.
We encourage musicians and composers from any style to apply. Including jazz, techno, classical, pop, electronic. There is no production date or length restriction for this category.
The event is organised in partnership with the European Cultural Centre (Venice) in a place of 270 000 locals and 30 million tourists each year. The showcase and the award ceremony will be held in Palazzo Michiel located in the heart of Venice facing the breathtaking Grand Canal. Thanks to this extraordinary environment the chosen artworks will be shared with an international audience for 7 days.
DEADLINE: 23 December 2018
Photographers of any nationality over 18 years old are invited to enter.
Certificate of achievement and the chance to exhibit in Venice
Terms and Conditions
1. Submissions are welcomed from around the world.
2. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
3. Artists can submit applications multiple times if they are applying with different projects, as long as they are submitted separately.
4. The applicant acknowledges that if their work is selected and showcased in Venice, their artwork may also become part of a travelling exhibition promoting Moving Lab in different countries. If so, they will be informed via e-mail and will have the right to refuse or accept this opportunity.
5. Film: Films entered in the competition can be up to 3 minutes in length including the credits. If not in English please include English subtitles. Films must be produced after 01 January 2012. For the selection process we require a link only such as Vimeo or Youtube. Selected artists will be contacted 4 weeks prior to the event and asked to provide the correct ﬁle format.
6.Music videos: Films must be produced after 01 January 2012. For the selection process we require a link only such as Vimeo or Youtube. Selected artists will be contacted 4 weeks prior to the event and asked to provide the correct file format. No length restriction.
7.Photography: Single photographs accepted only. Music Photography: Single photographs accepted only. Selected artists will be contacted 4 weeks prior the event and will be asked to provide a hard copy of their work. (A1 or A0) There is no production time restriction for this category.
8. Music Composition: We accept application from any genre and length. We showcase only original works. For the selection process we require a link only. There is no production time restriction for this category. Selected artists will be contacted 4 weeks prior to the event and asked to provide the right file format.
9. The organiser reserves the right to make changes to the event program. Changes may be made to its content, method and organization before or during the event.
10. The applicant acknowledges that printed materials (photo, film poster) that have been sent with a self-addressed envelope and postage will be returned only.
11. The application fee is non-refundable.
12. Winners will receive a certificate of achievement.
13. If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org