Istanbul Photo Awards
Istanbul Photo Awards is an international news photography contest organized by Anadolu Agency. The contest aims to contribute to the sphere of news photography and offers a perspective shaped by the region’s unique position at the center of diverse cultures.
The awards reward endeavors of courageous and talented photojournalists from around the world on merit. Although it is only the fourth edition of the contest, Istanbul Photo Awards has become one of the most widely known news photography contests in the world.
Along with the generous awards of the contest aiming to support the hard work and dedication of news photographers worldwide, the application is totally free.
The contest receives applications from more than 100 countries each year. All the winning photographs have the power to engage people against wars and conflicts, and to familiarize them with different cultures. The jury had a very tough time selecting the most powerful photos of the year from such a strong field. Every year international jury meets in Turkey.
Every year online applications are accepted between Nov. 1- Jan. 31 via http://istanbulphotoawards.com. The results of the contest announced by the end of jury gathering each year. Award winning photographs will be published in Photobook which will be send almost everywhere all around the world to the photography professionals and displayed at significant galleries around the world such as Istanbul, Shanghai, New York, Vienna and Moscow.
Istanbul Photo Awards is open for photo professionals and photojournalists. Professional photographers are those who earn, or have earned, the majority of their income from photography, and who sell or publish their work regularly, and belong to professional photography organizations.
The winner of the Single News category will be honored as Photo of the Year with a prize of $8,000, while winners in other categories will be given $5,000 for first prize, $3,000 for second prize, and $1,500 for third.
Terms and Conditions
● Photographs must be taken in 2018 (01.01.2018 – 31.12.2018).
● Photographs contain the relevant and correct information.
● All submissions must have necessary information embedded into photographs IPTC like: title, description, creation date, city and country.
● Digital Manipulation and any kind of photoshop effects is not allowed, only basic color corrections are allowed.
● Photographers must be the copyright owner of the submitted photographs.
● Photographs must not violate any third party rights.
● Single News 1st prize winner will be nominated as “Photo of the Year”.
● Photographers are invited to apply all categories at the same time. Kindly note that this contest is for professionals only and Istanbul Photo Awards’ jury may ask for proofs of the source of the photo or publications on newspapers, magazines or web sites.
● Copyrights remain on the photographer and Istanbul Photo Awards will use photographer’s credit for all photographs used.
● Istanbul Photo Awards and Anadolu Agency may use the submitted photographs for promotional efforts on books, websites, magazines, newspapers, exhibitions, mobile media and all relevant PR campaigns.