Frame it! Venice welcomes you to the first year of celebrating audio-visual art forms from all over the world. Our aim is to showcase and highlight local and international photos, film posters and films up to 3 minutes in length. We invite artists that demonstrate that creativity has no limitations and that the language of art can be translated in different ways.
The event is organised in partnership with the European Cultural Centre (Venice) in a place of 270,000 locals and 30 million tourists each year. The showcase and the award ceremony will be held in Palazzo Michiel located in the heart of Venice facing the breathtaking Grand Canal. Thanks to this extraordinary environment the chosen artworks will be shared with an international audience for 9 days.
We accept applications from any genre of film. Including narrative, documentary, experimental and animation. Films must not exceed 3 minutes in length and must be produced after 01 January 2012.
We encourage photographers to apply whose work can fit in any of the following categories: minimal, black and white, face(s), abstract, weird, mistake and metamorphosis. Single photographs accepted only. There is no production time limit for this category.
We accept original film posters only and are open for any style and design. The production time must be later than 01 Jan 2010.
We encourage photographers to apply whose work can fit in any of the following categories: black and white, minimal, face(s), abstract, weird, mistake, metamorphoses.
Artists over 18 years old and of any nationality may enter.
Certificate of achievement. Also the winners will exhibited during the showcase for a week in Venice.
Terms and Conditions
1. Submissions are welcomed from around the world.
2. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
3. Artists can submit applications multiple times if they are applying with different projects, as long as they are submitted separately.
4. The applicant acknowledges that if their work is selected and showcased in Venice, their artwork may also become part of a travelling exhibition promoting Moving Lab in different counteries. If so, they will be informed via e-mail and will have the right to refuse or accept this opportunity.
5. Film: Films entered in the competition can be up to 3 minutes in length including the credits. If not in English please include subtitles. Films must be produced after 01 January 2012. For the selection process we require a link only such as Vimeo or Youtube. Selected artists will be contacted 4 weeks prior to the event and asked to provide the correct ﬁle format.
6. Film poster: We accept original ﬁlm posters only, and are open to any style and design. The production year must be later than 1 Jan 2010. Selected artists will be contacted 4 weeks prior the event and will be asked to provide a hard copy (A1 or A0) of their poster.
7.Single photographs accepted only. Selected artists will be contacted 4 weeks prior to the event and will be asked to provide a hard copy (A1 or A0) of their work.
8. The artworks will be carefully short-listed by our programmers. The ﬁnal decision will be made by a group of artists in relevant ﬁelds.
9. The organiser reserves the right to make changes to the event program. Changes may be made to its content, method and organization before or during the event.
10. The applicant acknowledges that printed materials (photo, film poster) that have been sent with a self-addressed envelope and postage will be returned only.
11. The application fee is non-refundable.
12. Winners will receive a certificate of achievement.