#EyeCareEverywhere Photo Competition
After the immense success of our three successive photo competitions, the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) invites amateur and professional photographers from around the world to join us in celebrating the diversity of stakeholders and patients we reach. With support from Bayer Health Care, the theme for the international Photography Competition this year is ‘Eye Care Everywhere’.
The competition has separate categories for amateur and professional photographers.
- Photographers from any country are eligible to enter the contest.
- Submissions must be made by respondents over the age of 18 (Eighteen). Those under 18, must have the permission of their parent/guardian. The Professional prize is not open to respondents under 18.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition you confirm that you own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
The competition is free to enter.
The prize for the winner (professional category) is USD 1000 and amateur category is a Canon 1200 D DSLR. Runners up will receive certificates.
A IAPB Council of Members 2018 Delegates’ Choice certificate will also be awarded to the photo receiving the highest number of votes at the Council of Members held in Hyderabad.
Terms and Conditions
1. IAPB reserves the right to change the terms of the competition.
By submitting an entry to the Competition, You grant IAPB:
- Permission for your entry to be published on IAPB websites including but not limited to iapb.org and IAPB social media sites and you grant IAPB a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License to use, republish, edit and/or modify your Competition entry in any/all media for purposes connected with the Competition and as described in these Terms and Conditions (including as described under ‘Prizes’ paragraph above);
- The right to use your name and country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
2. Prizes will be given to one person only, and not to organisations or groups of people.
3. Submissions must be made by respondents over the age of 18 (Eighteen). Those under 18, must have the permission of their parent/guardian. The Professional prize is not open to respondents under 18.
4. By submitting an entry to the Competition you confirm that you own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
5. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade marks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties.
6. If IAPB has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then IAPB may not consider it and may disqualify it.
7. Entrants also confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.