Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards
Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards is a Free to Enter, online global wildlife photography competition featuring your hilarious images of wildlife doing funny things or looking amusing. We have a humungous conservation side and support the Born Free Foundation.
You can win a one week safari in Kenya's Maasai Mara with Alex Walker's Serian, as well as Think Tank bags and an iPad if you are the lucky People's Choice Award Winner.
You can enter online at www.comedywildlifephoto.com. Its a maximum of 6 images throughout the categories, and as we mentioned its totally free to enter and don't worry, the copyright of your images is properly protected as we are photographers running it.
We have 6 categories:
On the Land - for all your land based wildlife pictures.
In the Air - for all your airborne bird pictures.
Under the Water - also fairly self explanatory,
Portfolio category - here we judge your best 4 funny wildlife images which are connected somehow. Could be the same species, different species but in the same area.
Junior category - funny wildlife images taken by young people under 16 years old at the end of the competition.
Video category - your funniest wildlife clips of 60 seconds or less.
You need to have a valid email address so we can register you, its a very simple process.
All people can enter from all over the world, of any age or gender. With the small exception that you have to be 16 years old or younger by the end of June 2019 to enter the Junior Category.
The main prize will be a 6 night safari with Alex Walker's Serian in the Maasai Mara, Kenya, alongside which you will receive handmade unique trophy and a camera bag from Think Tank.
If you are the Affinity People's Choice Award winner you will receive an iPad.
Terms and Conditions
We, Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards Limited of 65 Woodbridge Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 4RD, are the organizer and promoter of the Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards ("CWPA").
2. The winner will be the picture, which, in the opinion of the judges, combines the best technical excellence with the most amusing content and caption. The judges’ decision will be final, and we will not enter into any correspondence concerning the final decision or the way the competition is organised.
3. Anyone can enter this competition as long as the law in their country of residence allows them to do so and neither they nor any member of their immediate families are employed by the sponsors, or us or are professionally involved in any way with the organisation or administration of the competition. By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and to claim the prize. We may require you to provide proof of such eligibility. There are no age restrictions, with the exception of the ‘Junior Category’ in which the Entrant is required to be under the age of 16 by 11.59pm 30th June 2019 (BST). If you are under 18 you will not be eligible for the prize unless you are accompanied on the trip by your parent or guardian. We reserve the right to require that the parent or guardian of any entrant under 18 confirms in writing that they agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and will travel with you on the trip if you are the prizewinner.
4. To enter the competition, you must visit our website, www.comedywildlifephoto.com, complete the online entry form and upload your entry(ies) before the deadline of 11.59pm, BST on 30th June 2019. We do not control the internet, and are not computer geeks, so we can’t take responsibility for any technical problems. It is up to you to ensure your entries reach us on time, no excuses.
5. You can enter up to a total of 6 images, with a maximum of three images into each category, except for the Portfolio Category where you must enter 4 images, and up to two video clips of no more than 60 seconds into the Video Clip Category. Each of the photographs entered must be in JPEG format, under 4MB per image. If you reach the finals, we will also require high resolution versions and the raw images or the original file the photo was taken on. Remember quality over quantity. You are much more likely to win if you enter one or two really funny images than four, sort of, funny images.
6. You must have taken the picture yourself within the last 10 years. There are no restrictions on entering images that have been published before, but you must inform us if they have won or been awarded in any other competitions. You must be the sole copyright owner, must have obtained all (if any) permissions needed to take and publish the picture (including, for example, from the owner of the premises where it was taken, or from any person or the owner of anything else featured in it), and must be free to grant us and our sponsors the rights mentioned in paragraph 13 below. I know that sounds complicated, but if you have taken the picture you are more than likely the copyright owner, but not necessarily, so please check and make sure and, if the picture has already been published elsewhere, check and make sure you have not already granted publication rights which conflict with those mentioned below.
FOR FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS PLEASE SEE THE WEBSITE.