|Deadline: March 1st, 2010|
Nature’s Best Photography and Divers Alert Network (DAN) are proud to announce our new alliance to host the third annual Ocean Views Photography Awards, open to all levels of photographers from around the world. Share your passion for the ocean to help inspire a global audience to learn about and protect this fragile realm. A selection of winning images will appear in an upcoming edition of Nature’s Best Photography and Alert Divers magazine, and will be featured on Pixcetera, Discovery Network International, and other online galleries. Celebrate the ocean through the art of photography.
PRIZES: $2,010 (US) cash • 9-night dive trip to Papua New Guinea with Peter Hughes Diving© • 5-night dive trip at Marina Del Mar, Key Largo, Florida with Ocean Divers© • Scubapro© regulator • Henderson Aquatics© his and hers H2 titanium wetsuits • Backscatter© gift certificate • Ikelite© DS160 digital strobe and charger • DAN© Dive Safety Kit.
DEADLINE: March 1, 2010
Submit up to 20 of your very best images in these topics for an entry fee of $25 US dollars:
• Ocean weather: waves, storms, rain, fog, lightning
• Beaches, shores, estuaries, tide zones, tide pools
• Tropical and temperate reef ecosystems
• Shallow-shore and deep-water environments
• All living things that depend upon the oceans: fish, mammals, birds, plants, etc., in or near the water
• Natural feeding, breeding, and other behavior
• Geologic processes or features on seashores or in the ocean
• People enjoying the ocean environment
• Submersibles and mini-subs
• Sunken vessels
• SCUBA, hard hat, and free diving, snorkeling
Important: All images must be taken in the wild of natural settings and behaviors.
No captive animals will be considered and no entrapment of any kind is permissible.